Our Top 5 Easy Plant-Based Snack Recipes!
I would love to know if this resonates with you!
Have you ever bit into a vegan snack only to be dissatisfied when it came to taste and flavour? You’ve just purchased all of these fancy plant-based ingredients, spent all your precious time and BLAH, the snack tastes like cardboard!
Do you find yourself grazing the office staff room? Looking for something, that won’t totally sabotage all your efforts to stick to a healthy routine.
This is what I like to call a ‘SNACK CRISIS!’
Well, let me tell you I’ve been in both of those situations and I decided, enough is enough! When joining the Plant Ahead Meal Plan, it boils down to this… simple, money-saving and downright DELICIOUS!
When it comes to snack time and hunger, we are not foolin’ around!
Today we are sharing our Top 5 Easy Plant-based Snack Recipes from the Plant Ahead Meal Plan!
Raw Brownie Balls
- 1 cup Pitted Dates (Approximately 12-14 pitted medjool dates)
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsps Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or a high power blender. Combine until a smooth thick mixture is achieved. Add more almond milk as needed for the mixture to blend.
- Roll into 12 - 14 small balls. Nutrition facts are for 1 ball.
Chia Chocolate Breakfast Pudding
- 1½ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (Soy or Oat Milk for nut free)
- ⅓ cup Chia Seeds
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- ⅓ cup Pitted Dates (Approximately 6-8 pitted medjool dates)
- ⅓ tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and combine until smooth. Stop and scrape your blender or food processor as necessary. Taste the pudding and add more cocoa powder and dates as needed.
- Place in the fridge and let chill for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy cold with fresh berries.
Almond Coconut Granola Bar
- Food Processor or High-Speed Blender
- 2 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- 1½ tsps Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- Line a 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and process until combined and thick (do not blend too much). Alternatively - mix all ingredients well in a large bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Use a spoon to spread the mixture evenly across - and pack it down using the bottom of a flat round surface (like a drinking glass... or your hands).
- Cover the pan and refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight. This gives the oats time to absorb moisture so the granola bars can set.
- When you’re ready to slice, lift the bars out of the pan by grabbing both pieces of parchment paper on opposite corners. Use a sharp knife to slice the mixture into 14 bars.
- For portability, you can wrap individual bars in plastic wrap or parchment paper.
Hidden Green Smoothie
- 3 cups Frozen Berries
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- ½ cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 tbsps Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsps Ground Flax Seed
- 4 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Throw all ingredients in a blender, and combine until smooth!
- If preparing ahead of time, add all ingredients apart from the almond milk to a freezer bag for a super quick smoothie.
Creamy Chickpea Edible Cookie Dough
- Food Processor
- 1½ cups Chickpeas (Canned, Drained & Rinsed)
- ½ cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Organic Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Oats
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas.
- Place chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and oats in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Transfer cookie dough to a bowl and stir in chocolate chips. Divide into bowls, or roll into balls. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for other inspirational plant-powered recipes to cook up in your kitchen, please take a look at our following blog articles:
We can’t wait to see what recipes you create!