Surviving NYE on a plant-based diet!
I’m not worried about surviving NYE on a plant-based diet!
How about you!?
We’ve been in such a cooking mood this time of year and we absolutely love it!
Surviving NYE on a plant-based diet with our recipes is no problem.
I’ve been hustling all over the city the past few days jumping from holiday party to potluck. I’m so lucky to have a program like Plant Ahead in my life.
If you’re not already a member! The Plant Ahead Meal Prep Program is a whole food plant-based meal plan that is refined sugar-free and mostly oil-free as well. This plan makes the holidays so easy and I’m so grateful to feel prepared for all of the season festivities. This time of year has been put to ease because I’m never worried about what I’m going to prepare meal-wise.
We are planning a big New Year’s Eve Bash and I knew Plant Ahead could support me. The plan is so easy to follow and you can easily mix and match dishes to make for an appetizing feast for any occasion.
In this article, I’ve included our top recipes for surviving NYE on a plant-based diet. All of these recipes have been pronounced as favourites of the Plant Ahead community.
Therefore, you are in good hands.
We’ve included a mouthwatering calzone for the vegan pizza lovers, festive appetizer chickpea nuggets and of course our famous bruschetta pasta salad!
Mouthwatering Vegan CalzonesPin Recipe
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (And extra for
- 1 cup Water Warm
- ¾ tsp Cane Sugar
- 1½ tsps Instant Yeast
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Mushrooms (Chopped)
- 1 Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- ½ Red Onion (Chopped)
- ½ cup Cashews
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- In a medium bowl stir together 2 cups of the flour, the yeast, cane sugar, and salt. Stir in 1 cup warm water until combined. Move the dough onto a floured surface. Knead it until the dough is smooth, adding more flour as needed. Place back in the bowl, covered, and let it rest in a warm area for at least 10 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, split it into three equal parts. Then roll it out into 3 circular 'pizzas' on a floured surface, using a floured covered rolling pin or empty wine bottle.
- Make your cashew cheese by combining your 1/2 cup cashews, 1/4 cup of water, 1 tsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp of sea salt in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Prepare your veggies by chopping your red onion, bell pepper and mushroom into small pieces.
- On half of the circular rolled out dough pieces, add a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce, followed by your chopped vegetables and approximately 2 tsps of cashew cream. Carefully fold the other side of the dough over the filling and seal with a fork.
- Add calzones to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes until firm. Enjoy reheated in the microwave dipped in more marinara sauce or cold!
Chickpea NuggetsPin Recipe
- ½ cup Oats (Rolled)
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1½ tsps Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsp Water
- ½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the breadcrumbs on top. Place in the oven at 400F for about 2 minutes until golden-brown (with fries if they are in the oven). Set aside.
- In a small pan, heat some water and sauté the onion for about 3 minutes. Set aside. Then place the oats into your food processor or blender and process into a fine flour. Add the rest of the ingredients (including the cooked onion) and pulse until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Divide the chickpea mixture into 14 equal portions and form each portion into a nugget. Coat with some almond milk and roll in the baked panko bread crumbs.
- Place on a new sheet of parchment paper and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- These nuggets are delicious tossed in hot sauce, plum sauce, sriracha etc.
Bruschetta Macaroni PastaPin Recipe
- 1½ cup Brown Rice Macaroni
- 12 Cremini Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1½ cup Cherry Tomatoes (chopped)
- 4 stalks Green Onion (chopped)
- 3 cups Baby Spinach (chopped)
- 1 pack Tempeh
- ⅓ cup Organic Vegetable Broth
- ⅓ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 4 Garlic (Cloves, Minced)
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp Tamari
- 3 tbsp Water
- Make a quick marinade for your tempeh by combining 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp of tamari or soy sauce, 3 tbsp of water and 2 cloves of garlic minced. Chop your tempeh into bite-sized pieces and add them to the bowl of marinade. Let sit for 15 minutes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook brown rice pasta as per the directions on the package. When finished cooking, strain and run under cold water immediately to prevent from overcooking.
- Meanwhile, chop your tomato, red onion, spinach and green onion.
- Make your pasta 'dressing' by combining the additional 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar with 6 tbsp of vegetable broth, 1.5 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp of dried basil, 2 minced cloves of garlic and 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Heat a pan or pot over medium heat and pour the tempeh and marinade in. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Combine your macaroni, vegetables and tempeh and stir until combined. Separate into three containers. When ready to eat, add the dressing, along with pepper and red chilli flakes if you like spice.
We hope you’ve found this article helpful for your NYE celebrations this year. We would love to see your creations of these recipes. Please share @plantyou on Facebook and Instagram.