Get ready for a perfect summer barbecue dish! These corn ribs are as beautiful as they are delicious, and they are incredibly easy to make.
I don’t know about you, but I love a good backyard barbecue. Whether you’re having a family gathering or attending your neighbor’s housewarming, a BBQ is a great way to bring people together with food. And the good news is, just because you’re eating plant-based, doesn’t mean you should miss out!
I am here to tell you that there are plenty of vegan dishes you can bring to a barbecue. From veggie burgers and tofu skewers to hearty salads and dips… Not only will you not go hungry, your friends and family might discover a delicious new dish!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These corn ribs are so easy to make! You don’t need to be a master chef to tackle this recipe.
- Corn is often underestimated. It’s actually a great vegetable with a vibrant sweet flavor and amazingly juicy texture.
- This is a delicious meal prep option! You can enjoy these corn ribs all week as a snack, a side, a salad topping, or even a sandwich filling.
- It is easily customizable! You can use your favorite spices and herbs in addition to (or instead of) the ones listed.
- What a great dish to serve at the next dinner you host! This is also an excellent option to bring this to a backyard barbecue.
How to Make This Recipe
Carefully slice your corn cobs into quarters. The easiest way to do this is by standing your corn cobs vertically on a table, and very carefully, using a sharp knife, slice them in half. Then, lay the halved corn down horizontally and slice it into quarters.
Now preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine the vegan yogurt with paprika, lime juice, garlic, and salt.
Brush the marinade onto the corn ribs until coated. Finish with a sprinkle of chili powder and salt. Bake for 30 minutes until cooked. Garnish with fresh cilantro and vegan feta. Enjoy immediately!
- Can I make these corn ribs on the grill? Sure! The best thing to do is to bake them as instructed for about 20 minutes, then finish them off on the grill. That way, the delicious marinade will stick to your corn, and it will cook all the way through.
- Corn naturally has quite a lot of flavor. That’s why I didn’t add too many spices. However, you are welcome to add extra chili, dried herbs, or your favorite spice mix.
- If you don’t have access to coconut yogurt, you can use virtually any unsweetened vegan yogurt.
- Can’t find vegan feta cheese in your local store? No problem! Why don’t you make your own?
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Vegan Cauliflower Steaks
- Red Pickled Cabbage
- Battered Oyster Mushroom Chicken
- Vegan Sticky Ribs
- Fruit Salsa Recipe
For more amazing and simple vegan recipes, check out the PlantYou Planner! This digital meal planner platform has it all… A database of OVER 600 whole-food plant-based recipes? Check. An ability to customize your weekly menu? Check. A feature that allows you to toggle the number of servings for each recipe? Check. An autogenerated shopping list based on your selection? Check.
And if you prefer all of your WFPB recipes in one place, you’ll love the PlantYou Cookbook! It has over 140 healthy, delicious vegan recipes for every taste and occasion. From salads and sandwiches to stews and side dishes… I wish I had this book when I first transitioned to the plant-based lifestyle!
The Recipe: Corn Ribs
- 3 ears corn, cut into quarters
For the marinade
- 4 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup vegan feta, optional, crumbled
- vegan chipotle mayo, for dipping
- Carefully slice your corn cobs into quarters. The easiest way to do this is by standing your corn cobs up vertically on a table, and very carefully, using a sharp knife, slice them in half. Then lay the halved corn down horizontally and slice into quarters.
- Now preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine the vegan yogurt with paprika, lime juice, garlic and salt.
- Brush onto the corn ribs until covered. Finish with a sprinkle of the chili powder and salt. Bake for 30 minutes until cooked. Garnish with fresh cilantro and vegan feta. Enjoy immediately!