Vegan BBQ Guide
It’s BBQ season veggie LOVERS! In this blog article, we are going to give all the deets on having the most delicious vegan BBQ this summer.
Time and time again, we continue to share how you can make vegan meals for any occasion! One of my favorite parts of summer is having a BBQ, eating outside, and enjoying the warm weather with loved ones!
Now let’s fire up the grill and start preparing for a delicious vegan BBQ!
We’ve put together our go-to list of vegan bbq favorites that are healthy, delicious and easy to do! The best part of BBQing is that there is really minimal cleanup. Which I think any home cook can agree is fantastic!
I’ve tried many recipes on the BBQ from pizza (It’s delicious) to the regular veggie burger. Still, I have to say the recipes we are sharing today are my top favorites for a vegan BBQ!
The Main Dish – Vegan BBQ Tofu Kebobs
To make these tasty bbq kebobs, you will need the following ingredients:
- Firm Tofu
- Chopped up veggies – I like peppers, zucchini and carrots
- Vegetable Broth
For the smokey BBQ sauce (this recipe is in the Plant Ahead Program):
- Organic Ketchup
- Maple Syrup
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Smoke Paprika
- Dijon Mustard
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
Once you have all your ingredients, you will need to start assembly!
Vegan Tofu Kebobs
- 1 block Firm Tofu
- Assorted Vegetables chopped - carrots, zuchhini, peppers
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- ¾ cup Organic Ketchup
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Press tofu and chop your veggies into bite sized pieces.
- Add the vegetables and tofu to a wooden skewers.
- Marinate in vegetable broth for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for BBQ sauce and whisk together.
- Heat the BBQ and place kebobs on the grill.
- Brush kebobs with BBQ sauce.
- Flip after 8-10 minutes per side.
Follow these steps to make these delicious kebobs…
- Add tofu and raw veggies in a pattern to wooden skewers
- In a saucer or on a plate pour in vegetable broth and let skewers marinate for about 5-10 minutes. You may need to flip the skewers for them to be evenly coated.
- Once the skewers are marinated, ensure that your grill is ready!
- Place your skewers on the grill and start to brush them with your homemade smokey BBQ sauce.
- Cook them about 8-10 minutes per side till tofu is lightly brown and the veggies have crisped.
Sides To Try
It is seriously fun to try out different types of foods on the BBQ! We love making roasted vegetables and corn. But the possibilities are endless!
Grilled Brocolli + Mushrooms
- To BBQ any vegetables, you will need to make a foal pack on the bbq or have a flat top that will work too. All I do is take my broccoli and mushroom with a bit of vegetable broth and wrap them in foil. Then I place them on the grill! They cook in about 15-20 minutes. This is an excellent opportunity for BBQ vegetable experimentation.
Spiced Grilled Corn
- I love corn on the BBQ! This is also very easy to do, and I would say make sure these guys hit the grill first since they take a while. I’ve seen a few methods for the, but I will suggest wrapping this in foil with a small amount of vegetable broth and your favourite spices! I always through in cayenne or paprika to give the corn a healthy spice kick! This will take about 20-30 minutes on the grill, and don’t forget to rotate.
A few other recipes that are delicious for any backyard vegan BBQ party:
If your mouth is not watering yet! Check out the infographic below for more BBQ inspiration!
Want to have a summer filled with delicious plant-based recipes!?
You need to become a member of our Plant Ahead Meal Plan Program! We just released a full BBQ inspired meal plan this week, and it contains 7 MORE drool-worthy plant-based recipes. You will also receive a year worth of vegan meal plans PLUS a new meal plan each and every week! This program is the full package from easy whole-food plant-based meals, that are budget-friendly, and a BIG time saver.
It can be all yours, and you will never have to worry about what’s for dinner again for $7.99!