This one-pot Mediterranean pasta recipe is great for Italian food lovers who don’t like washing dishes!
If there’s one thing I can confidently say about myself it’s that I absolutely love pasta! From salads and soups to delicious pasta sauces… I am always on a mission to create another amazing pasta recipe. This Mediterranean pasta dish is full of veggies, which means it’s bursting with flavor. And the best part? It can be made using just one pot!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Did I mention this is a one-pot recipe? I love those, because honestly… who wants to be washing dishes all evening?
- It’s a perfect dish for meal prep! Next time you’re stuck for ideas, try this delicious Mediterranean pasta.
- This recipe is incredibly easy to make. It takes less than half an hour, and doesn’t call for any unusual equipment or technique.
- Between veggies and pasta, this is a very budget-friendly dish. And yet, it is packed with nutrients!
- The smell is just out of this world! I dare you to not eat the whole batch in one sitting.
How to Make This Recipe
Add the extra virgin olive oil, zucchini, eggplant, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, and nutritional yeast to a large pot over medium heat. Saute until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
Add the pasta, marinara sauce, and 2 cups of water to the pot, and stir. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered over low heat, stirring every few minutes, until the pasta is cooked to al dente, approximately 10 minutes.
Stir in the spinach and vegan parmesan if using, and enjoy immediately!
- Generally, pasta dishes can be easily modified for gluten-free people by swapping the pasta. And this recipe is one of them!
- You can definitely tailor this dish, depending on what you have in your fridge. Need to use up some herbs? Add them in! A handful of mushrooms waiting to be used? Why not!
- This recipe uses tomato-based sauce, but it would also taste amazing with creamy sauce or pesto.
- In the fridge, this pasta will last up to 4-5 days.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
If you love pasta as much as I do, you should get your hands on a copy of the PlantYou Cookbook! It features beginner-friendly, delicious, WFPB-compliant recipes for the whole family! Plus, each recipe is accompanied with an infographic to help you see all of the ingredients.
And if you like to plan in advance, you can take advantage of the PlantYou Planner. It’s a digital meal planner platform designed to make plant-based living as easy as possible. With hundreds of easy vegan recipes in its database, there’s truly something for everyone. Even more amazingly, you can tailor the number of servings for each recipe to accommodate any household size.
The Recipe: Mediterranean Pasta
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz oricchiete pasta
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ eggplant, diced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Vegan parmesan, for garnish
- chopping board
- Large pot with lid
- Add the extra virgin olive oil, zucchini, eggplant, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, and nutritional yeast to a large pot over medium heat. Saute until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta, marinara sauce, and 2 cups of water to the pot, and stir. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered over low heat, stirring every few minutes, until the pasta is cooked to al dente, approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and vegan parmesan if using, and enjoy immediately!