Sweet N’ Sour Vegan Meatballs
Are you searching for the perfect vegan meatball recipe? Look no further. These Sweet N’ Sour Vegan Meatballs are the ideal plant-based holiday appetizer to thrill both your meat eating and vegan friends!
The best part? These sweet n’ sour vegan meatballs pack a punch of whole-foods, plant-based protein, with 23g per serving! They’re also ready in less than 15 minutes, and can be served with some rice or a stir fry for a delicious plant fueled meal.
All The Taste Without The Meat
Every now and again, I like to indulge in some of the amazing meat free alternatives on the market. Plant-based meats have come along way, and Meatless Farm is raising the bar even further with their meatless ground meat. Their meatless alternative cooks up just like ground beef, making it a simple swap for family favorite recipes like these sweet n’ sour meatballs. I can assure you that your meat eating friends and family will have no idea that these meatballs are actually *meat free*!
I partnered with Meatless Farm to create the following recipe infographic, and loved how the recipe turned out so much that I decided to blog about it it too.
Our Whole-Foods, Plant-Based Meal Plans
If you like our simple approach to whole-foods, plant-based eating, you will LOVE our plant-powered meal plans. Plant Ahead provides members with a brand new whole-foods, plant-based, oil-free meal plan in their inbox each week. Each plan comes with a shopping list, prep plan and the caloric information with every recipe. The recipes are ridiculously simple and amazingly delicious, catered towards the busy person with meal prep friendly plans.
Right now, you can get access to all our past meal plans when you sign up and hundreds of our plant-based recipes for just $7.99. The value is insane!
Members say they save money, time and feel better while following our meal plans. You can too:
I see these sweet n’ sour vegan meatballs being perfect for a Christmas potluck, or to enjoy for you and your family for dinner. Let us know what you think by leaving a star review below!
Sweet N' Sour Vegan Meatballs
- Non-Stick Pan
- 400g Meatless Farm Meatless Ground One Package
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flax Meal
- 3 Tbsp Warm Water
- 1/2 Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Green Onion
- Mix 1 tbsp of flax meal with 3 tbsps of water to create a flax egg and let thicken for five minutes.
- Add the Meatless Farm Meat Free Ground to a bowl with the flax egg and mix until combined.
- Roll the mixture into approximately 12 'meatballs'.
- Create your sauce by combining your hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and sriracha.
- Add the sauce to a non-stick pan over medium heat until it boils.
- Add the 'meatballs' to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Garnish with diced green onion and sesame seeds!