Crispy Vegan Bacon
This Crispy Vegan Bacon is crunchy, salty, delicious and PERFECT for a BLT or plant-based breakfast.
Calling all my bacon lovers… vegan bacon, that is! This Crispy Vegan Bacon is made from rice paper, and is absolutely mind-blowing.
This bacon is so similar to the real deal, so it’s perfect for anyone trying to eat more plant-based by making some simple swaps. It’s so easy to make, has minimal ingredients, and takes less than 30 minutes.
You can even make this vegan bacon gluten-free too by swapping out the soy sauce. Store this bacon in the refrigerator or freezer whenever you need a quick breakfast or sandwich (or even a quick breakfast sandwich).
Give this recipe a try, and let me know how this crispy bacon turns out for you!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s so simple: This crispy bacon takes less than 30 minutes to make.
- Perfect for meal preps! This bacon is the ideal thing to have on hand to make sandwiches, put on salads, or just to enjoy for breakfast.
- Family Favorite: This bacon mimics the real deal and is sure to be a new favorite in your household.
- Easy swap: This bacon tastes super similar to the real thing, so it’s the perfect easy swap for anyone trying to incorporate a plant-based diet into their life.
How To Make This Recipe
First, preheat the oven to 400F.
Then, stack three rice paper sheets together. Slice into equal strips.
Make the marinade with the listed ingredients, apart from the flakey salt.
Dip your rice paper in water to soften slightly, and then lay it on parchment paper.
Add flakey salt (optional), then layer with another softened piece of rice paper.
Using a brush, liberally coat with the marinade, then flip and brush the other side as well.
Once your sheet pan is full, place it in the oven for approximately nine minutes. Allow cooling before removing from the baking sheet.
- Make it gluten-free! Use coconut aminos or your favorite gluten-free soy sauce to make the gluten-free version of this vegan bacon.
- Try it with carrots! Have some extra carrots lying around? Try this bacon made out of carrots here!
Store This Recipe
Store this recipe in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. You can also freeze this recipe. Defrost by reheating it in the microwave or oven before consuming the vega bacon.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Crispy Vegan BaconPin Recipe
3 sheets of rice paper
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Flakey salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Stack 3 rice paper sheets together. Slice into equal strips.
- Make the marinade with the listed ingredients, apart from the flakey salt. Dip your rice paper in water to soften slightly, and then lay on parchment paper. Add flakey salt (optional), then layer with another softened piece of rice paper.
- Using a brush, liberally coat with marinade, then flip and brush the other side as well.
- Once your sheet pan is full, place in the oven for approximately nine minutes. Allow to cool before removing from the baking sheet.