Homemade Vegan Magic Shell
Calling all my chocolate lovers. This Homemade Vegan Magic Shell will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Was there anything more satisfying than tapping a spoon across a chocolate magic shell as a kid? I think not.
And as vegans, we shouldn’t have to miss out on any of the fun. This Homemade Vegan Magic Shell is a healthier spin using banana nice cream and dark chocolate. The magic shell itself only requires two ingredients, and the nice cream only three ingredients.
This recipe is perfect for a special (and healthy) dessert for kids or just yourself. With minimal, whole food ingredients, there is no side of guilt served with this decadence.
Don’t forget to share your magic shell masterpiece with me through Instagram.
Why You’ll Love This Homemade Vegan Magic Shell
- It’s so easy: This magic shell only requires two ingredients and a microwave; how much more simple could it be?
- Kid-friendly: Your kids will love making and cracking into this magic shell. It’s a perfect activity for a special treat.
- Full of nutrients: Both the nice cream and the magic shell are made with whole-food ingredients!
How To Make This Recipe
First, blend the frozen banana, vanilla, and milk, then transfer to a small container of choice to make your nice cream. Smooth out the mixture, so the magic shell doesn’t fall through.
Then, in a microwave, melt your dark chocolate and coconut oil in 30-second increments until a liquid is formed.
Pour the chocolate mixture over your nice cream, topping with the crushed peanuts.
Allow it to set for at least 2 minutes before cracking in.
- Not a fan of nice cream? This magic shell is perfect on just about any vegan ice cream.
- Add fun toppings: To your nice cream or on top of your magic shell before it sets, like vegan candies, nuts, or berries.
- Use fruit instead: Dip pieces of fruit like strawberry or melon in the chocolate shell coating.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Homemade Magic ShellPin Recipe
- 1 cup Frozen bananas
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Vegan milk
- ½ cup Dark chocolate chips
- 1½ tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Crushed peanuts
- Blend the frozen banana, vanilla and milk, then transfer to a small container of choice.
- In a microwave, melt your dark chocolate and coconut oil in 30 second increments until a liquid is formed.
- Pour over your nice cream, topping with the crushed peanuts. Allow to set for at least 2 minutes before cracking in!