Vegan Bagel Recipe (Four Ingredient Yogurt Bagels)
This easy Vegan Bagel Recipe requires just four simple plant-based ingredients and less than 30 minutes of your time!
Hi, my name’s Carleigh, and I’m a bagel fanatic!
There’s nothing I love more than a big fluffy poppy-seed bagel topped with a vegan cream cheese spread. That’s why, when I heard about the “greek yogurt” bagel craze, I knew it was a recipe I wanted to veganize!
Yes, you heard it. You can actually make bagels fluffy and delicious using a not-so-secret ingredient… YOGURT. And because this is a plant-based page, we chose to use a delicious vegan greek yogurt for this Vegan Bagel Recipe.
What’s In These Vegan Bagels?
You probably won’t believe it… But this Vegan Bagel Recipe requires no yeast or boiling! That means they really couldn’t be easier to make.
Here’s exactly what you need for these delicious bagels.
- Whole Wheat Flour (white flour or gluten free flour will likely work as well)
- Vegan Coconut Greek Yogurt (we used the Riviera Il Maison brand)
- Baking Powder
You can top your bagels with whatever you want for flavor. In this case, we had poppyseeds on hand so sprinkled some on top of the dough. You could also use everything bagel seasoning, sesame seeds or nutritional yeast for a delicious vegan bagel!
How Do You Make Vegan Bagels?
To make this easy Vegan Bagel Recipe, you simply have to combine your ingredients to form a dough. Then you simply knead it, separate it into four pieces, and roll into bagel shapes.
Then you top the dough with your flavoring of choice, and pop them in the oven for around 20 minutes. Voila, you have nice, soft, fluffy and delicious vegan bagels to enjoy.
In terms of kitchen equipment, here’s all you need:
- A big bowl
- A flat, floured surface
- A non-stick baking sheet or parchment paper
- An oven
Yep – that’s it!
Is This Vegan Bagel Recipe Healthy?
We truly believe these bagels can’t get much healthier! The two main ingredients are whole wheat flour and coconut yogurt. That is IT.
To boot, this Vegan Bagel Recipe is also oil-free, dairy-free, preservative free.. and most importantly DELICIOUS!
We suggest eating these bagels for breakfast, with peanut butter, jam or our vegan cream cheese.
If you’re looking for a heartier meal, you could also eat this bagel with:
- Tempeh Bacon (Make a vegan BLT)!
- Red Velvet Smoothie
- Matcha Latte
- Birthday Cake Smoothie
- Vegan Breakfast Sandwich (use a bagel instead of an unbun)
- Vegan Breakfast Hash
If you’re looking for more healthy, simple whole-foods, plant-based recipes, you can ALL of our meal plans (over 75 at the time of writing this) right now for just $7.99. Unlock access to our proven meal plans, shopping lists and more here.
Vegan Yogurt Bagels
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Vegan Greek Coconut Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and mix until a dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface, and knead approximately 12 times until a soft dough is formed. Then separate it into four equal pieces.
- Roll out each piece until they are about one inch in width, then attach the ends to create a bagel shape. Place the bagels on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. At this time, feel free to top your dough with sesame seeds, poppy seeds or everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake at 425F for approximately 20 minutes until fluffy and golden. Enjoy!