Vegan Baked Feta Gnocchi
Move over, baked feta pasta! This vegan baked feta gnocchi is not just a dish, it’s an experience!
A little while ago, when everyone on TikTok was losing their minds over baked feta pasta, I thought to myself, “I have to veganize this”. The result exceeded my expectations. Little did I know, my mind was going to be blown all over again when I made this trendy dish with gnocchi.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It has all the deliciousness of baked feta pasta, but it’s made in one dish.
- You no longer have to choose between pasta and potatoes – gnocchi is the best of both worlds!
- Most of the cooking is done hands-off. Once the dish is in the oven, you can sit back and relax until it’s ready.
- It’s so incredibly easy! Perfect for beginner cooks, busy people, and even children.
- This rich, creamy, cheesy dish is made using whole food ingredients, which means… it’s good for you!
How to Make This Recipe
First things first. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Next, we’re going to make vegan “feta”. Add tofu, cashews, apple cider vinegar, salt, garlic, and nutritional yeast to a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until a smooth sauce is formed. If you have to, add a splash of water to help the ingredients blend together.
Add the tomatoes and gnocchi to a baking or casserole dish, along with a drizzle of olive oil, as well as salt and pepper. Pour the tofu “feta” in the middle, and top with more salt, pepper, dried parsley, and fresh basil.
Cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the tomatoes have burst. The smell is just… to die for!
Stir everything together until the tomatoes and “feta” form a creamy pasta sauce. Add a handful of fresh basil into the mix and serve. Worth every second!
- If you prefer, you can make your own gnocchi at home!
- Use gluten-free gnocchi if you have an intolerance or allergy to gluten. Just as delicious!
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender, it might be a good idea to soak the cashews 6-8 hours before. Drain before adding them to the blender.
- Replace cashews with cooked chickpeas if you have a nut allergy.
- For a soy-free version, replace tofu with more cashews.
Store This Recipe
Keep the dish refrigerated for up to 5 days, and reheat thoroughly before eating.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Baked Feta Pasta, Veganized
- Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Curry
- Vegan Hamburger Helper
- Roasted Red Pepper and Gnocchi Soup
If you enjoyed this recipe, we have so many more available in our digital meal planner! PlantYou planner is a new, revolutionary way of eating healthy, plant-based foods. The planner has a database of over 450 whole food, oil-free and vegan recipes, with new ones being added every week. Customize your weekly plan, toggle serving sizes, and enjoy an auto-generated personalized shopping list!
Vegan Baked Feta GnocchiPin Recipe
- Casserole dish
- High Speed Blender or Food Processor
- 350 g extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 2 cups gnocchi
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 handful fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add all the vegan feta ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor, including tofu, cashews, sea salt, nutritional yeast, garlic, and apple cider vinegar. Blend until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Add the tomatoes and gnocchi to a baking or casserole dish, along with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Pour the tofu “feta” in the middle, and top with more salt, pepper, dried parsley, and fresh basil. Pop in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the tomatoes have burst.
- Stir with a spoon until the tomatoes and “feta” meld together, and add a handful of fresh basil into the mix. Enjoy as-is!