Baked Feta Pasta Mac and Cheese Veganized
If you love the Vegan Baked Feta Pasta, you’ll die for this Baked Feta Mac and Cheese.
Inspired by the original tik-tok trend and my veganized version of the Baked Feta Pasta, I figured I’d give a mac and cheez version a whirl… and it did not disappoint at all.
This sauce is creamy, cheesy, and flavorful. I could drink it straight from the blender.
Not to mention, mac and cheese is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods, and this version is oh-so-delicious. I can’t wait to enjoy this again on a cold winter night or a rainy day.
So, whip up a batch and let me know what you think.
Reasons Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s so creamy: This sauce does not slack on the creaminess. Even without actual cheese, this mac and cheese will even have your carnivore friends in heaven.
- It’s comforting: Mac and cheese is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods, and this one might take the cake for the top spot. It makes for the perfect winter dinner.
- It’s easy to make: All you need to do is blend up some ingredients, pop it in the oven, and stir in some pasta. This prep process takes less than 10 minutes and requires no cooking skills.
- It’s made with whole food ingredients: You can feel good about this decadent, cheesy, creamy pasta because it is made from healthy ingredients, like squash, nutritional yeast, and tofu.
Tips To Make Baked Vegan Feta Mac and Cheese
- Make it spicy: Add some red chili flakes to give it an extra kick.
- Amp up the protein: Add in some sauteed mushrooms after combining the ‘cheese’ with the pasta to step up the protein and flavor a notch.
- Fancy it up: Add breadcrumbs on top and bake it again for 5-10 minutes to have a delicious baked mac and cheese.
- Make it nut-free: Leave out the cashews or add three yukon gold potatoes to the casserole dish with the squash to make it nut-free.
How To Make This Baked Vegan Feta Mac and Cheese
First, preheat the oven to 400F.
While your oven is heating, make your feta by combining the tofu, cashews, lemon, salt, garlic, and nutritional yeast ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
Then, pour the butternut squash, onion, garlic, nutritional yeast, sea salt, and olive oil into a casserole dish. Add the vegan feta in the middle and top with oregano.
Place the casserole dish in the oven for 40 minutes. While it bakes, cook your pasta of choice according to package directions.
Once the butternut squash and feta have cooked, allow cooling slightly, then transfer to your blender.
Combine ‘til a “cheese” sauce is formed. Pour over the macaroni and enjoy immediately.
Vegan Recipes You’ll Love
- The OG Veganized Baked Feta Pasta
- Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Homemade Vegan Mozzarella Sticks
- Vegan Mac and Cheese (Without Cashews!)
The Recipe: Vegan Baked Mac And Cheese
- ¼ cup Cashews
- 1 block Extra firm tofu
- ½ Lemon, Juiced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 4 cups Butternut squash, Chopped (I used frozen)
- ½ Red onion, Chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Olive oil, or drizzle
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 cups Dried macaroni
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- First make your feta, by combining the listed ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Pour the butternut squash, onion, garlic, nutritional yeast, sea salt and olive oil in a casserole dish. Add the vegan feta in the middle and top with oregano.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven for 40 minutes. While it bakes, cook your pasta of choice according to package directions.
- Once the butternut squash and feta has cooked, allow to cool slightly then transfer to your blender. Combine until a “cheese” sauce is formed. Pour over the macaroni and enjoy immediately. Mix in the casserole dish and transfer to your blender.