Vegan Pantry Only Recipes
These Vegan Pantry Only Recipes will provide you with ideas on how to make nourishing plant-based meals using only shelf stable foods you likely already have on hand.
At the time of writing this, the world is in the grips of the Coronavirus. The current Covid-19 breakout has caused many communities to go into lockdown, closing schools, malls and events. For most up to date information on Covid-19, please refer to the World Health Organization’s website.
Who are Vegan Pantry Only Recipes for?
During the covid-19 outbreak, many people who are showing symptoms of a cold or a flu have been placed in a 2-week quarantine to help stop the spread.
Those who have a compromised immune system or are in the vulnerable age range (60+) are being encouraged to stay away from busy public spaces at this time.
Unfortunately the fear of the virus has also led people to stock up on many grocery items. This means many store shelves are left empty.
Finally, because of Covid-19, many local businesses and employees are being impacted by the virus. This could mean that some are suffering financially and have to rely what is in their pantry.
In all of these cases, relying on vegan meals from pantry items on hand might be one of the only options.
But What About Fruits or Vegetables?
In an ideal world, we would suggest that instead of stocking up on rolls of 2-ply, you grab a pack of frozen vegetables and fruits at the grocery store. These can all be easily integrated into the meals I’m going to list below.
However, for many that is not feasible – and that’s okay. We have made sure that these meal combinations are tasty and nourishing without the addition of frozen fruit or vegetables.
Pantry Stable Snacks & Breakfast Ideas
Before we get down to meals, here are some snack ideas that we suggest. You can also refer to our “Vegan Pantry Staples” blog post for items we always suggest having around in your pantry on a plant-based diet.
- Bowl of warm oatmeal with hemp hearts or chia seeds
- Crackers and peanut butter or almond butter
- Nuts and seeds like crackers
- Dried cereal such as brown rice puffs or flakes with shelf stable almond milk
- Handful of dried cranberries and nuts
- Rice cakes with jam and peanut butter
Here is Our List of Pantry Only Recipe Ideas
One Pot Vegan Lentil ChiliPin Recipe
- Pot or dutch oven
- 3.5 Cups Crushed Tomatoes Canned
- 1 Cup Green Lentils Canned
- 3.5 Cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tsp Cumin
- 2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Add 1-2 tbsp's of vegetable broth to your pot.
- Rinse and drain your can of lentils. Then add the lentils, crushed tomatoes, and broth to a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add the spices and maple syrup, stir and cook over medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the almond butter and stir.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Store in a covered container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Lentil BolognesePin Recipe
- 2 15 oz Jars of Pasta Sauce
- 1 Cup Red Lentils
- 16 Oz Brown Rice Penne
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add pasta sauce and lentils to a pot and bring it to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes until red lentils are cooked.
- Serve sauce over pasta.
Chickpea CurryPin Recipe
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 15 oz Can of Chickpeas
- 1 14 oz Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 14 oz Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- Cook your rice according to package directions.
- Add spices to a pot with 1-2 tbsps of vegetable broth over medium heat and heat until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes until everything is combined.
Peanut Stir FryPin Recipe
- 4 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 15 oz Can of White Beans
- 12 Oz Flat Rice Noodles
- Cook your rice noodles to al dente according to package directions.
- Mix together your peanut sauce ingredients: Peanut butter, water, soy sauce and maple syrup. Add them to a pan with your drained can of white beans and heat until combined.
- Add your noodles to the dish and stir until the sauce covers the noodles. Serve and enjoy!