Vegan Peach Crisp Jars (6 Ingredients, Oil Free)
When peach season rolls around, these Vegan Peach Crisp Jars are on regular repeat in our home. Made with just simple, healthy whole-food, plant-based ingredients, this recipe makes for such a delicious summer or fall dessert.
You’d be hard pressed to find a dessert as delicious and easy to make as these Vegan Peach Crisp Jars. The best part? You can assemble single servings which makes them perfect for a dinner party, or to store in the fridge to enjoy throughout the work week.
Ingredients In Our Peach Jars
I’m a big believer that a tasty dessert doesn’t have to be filled with added sugar. For this easy recipe, we let the peaches shine, complimenting with notes of lemon juice and cinnamon. Here’s the full breakdown of ingredients:
8 to 10 juicy peaches: We like to source our peaches in the late summer from our local farm stand. They’re so juicy and you can extend the shelf life by placing in the fridge for a good five days.
cinnamon: We love to utilize ceylon cinnamon for its anti-inflammatory properties, but the regular stuff will work just as well. If you wanted to give this recipe more of a fall vibe, pumpkin pie spice would also be delicious
cornstarch: I like to add a couple tablespoons of cornstarch to my peaches to help make a thick syrup as the jars bake. You could use arrowroot powder for this recipe as well!
maple syrup: As a Canadian, I love to utilize local maple syrup in our dessert recipes. It’s a naturally occurring sweetener that packs a punch of vitamins in comparison to regular table sugar.
lemon juice: Despite tasting sour on its own, lemon juice works beautifully in these single serving vegan peach crisp jars, bringing out the natural sweetness of the peaches even more.
rolled oats: For the crumble, we chose to utilize rolled oats, and a few tablespoons of oat flour, along with cinnamon and maple syrup. It’s simple, and blends in perfectly with the warm juicy peaches.
Overall, you need just six ingredients to make these peach crisp jars oh-so-delicious! Like almost all of our recipes, these Vegan Peach Crisp Jars use absolutely no oil or butter, so you they are 100% whole-food, plant-based friendly.
Can You Make This Into A Regular Peach Crisp?
If you’re not feeling the individual mason jars, you can absolutely make this into a regular peach crisp. Simply use a pie plate, or glass oven-safe dish, and layer the peaches on the bottom. Then top with the crumble, and place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
If you don’t have mason jars on hand, we also recommend using small ramekins or oven safe mugs. This recipe can work with just about any oven safe container. For the purpose of this recipe, we used 12oz mason jars, which you can purchase here.
Vegan Peach Crisp JarsPin Recipe
- 8 peaches Roughly Chopped
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 6 tbsp maple syrup Divided
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon Divided
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsp oat flour
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the peaches, cornstarch, 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, lemon juice and half a teaspoon of cinnamon to a bowl. Toss until the peaches are evenly coated.
- In a separate bowl, add the oats, oat flour, 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Toss until mixed thoroughly.
- In six 12oz mason jars, add the mixed peaches until they are three quarters of the way full. Top with a few tablespoons of the crumble.
- Place on the parchment paper lined baking sheet in case they bubble over, and bake for 35 minutes. Enjoy immediately with coconut whipped cream, or allow to cool and store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.