Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving is all about bringing family and friends together for a delicious festive feast. If you’re looking for vegan Thanksgiving recipes we’ve rounded up only the best.
If you’re planning on hosting this year’s vegan Thanksgiving it’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the fancy ingredients and extensive instructions that’s why we’ve made it our job to make it easier than ever because our vegan Thanksgiving recipes require only minimal whole-food plant-based ingredients.
You can skip the stress this year and start enjoying more of the festive fun!
Also, if you’re the only vegan in the family and you want to bring yourself a special entree to enjoy or a sharable dish, many of the recipes can be easily doubled or frozen. (These recipes are great for a Friendsgiving too!)
The Main Dish – Mushroom Wellington
This plant-based dish is a great option to make ahead of time to save you time in the kitchen on Thanksgiving weekend because its made in single portions so you can save and store easily. If you want to learn more hacks on storing and freezing food read up on our blog all about it.
- 2 cups Cremini Mushrooms chopped
- 4 cups Spinach
- 1 large Yellow Onion diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- ½ cup Organic Vegetable Broth
- 2 large Yellow Potatoes
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry large
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Plant Milk
- 1 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Saute cremini mushroom, onion, garlic cloves until soft in vegetable broth.
- Meanwhile, boil your potatoes chopped for 20-30 mins till soft.
- Add 2 cups of your spinach, soy sauce, sage and thyme and continue to saute on low heat.
- Lay your one layer of puff pastry on a baking tray and preheat oven at 375F.
- Lay the remaining spinach as a base in the centre of the puff pastry.
- Layer on-top of the bed of spinach your potatoes and mushroom mixture.
- Cover with the other piece of puff pastry and seal the edges off with a fork. You may need to cut off any remaining puff pastry around the edges.
- Brush plant milk on the outside of the puff pastry and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Or these delicious tofu steaks.
Herb Tofu Steaks
- 1 block Firm tofu
- 2 tbsp Almond milk or oat milk
- ¼ cup Chickpea flour
- ½ cup Nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Sea salt & pepper
- Preheat oven at 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press tofu and then cut the tofu into steak slices.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour the almond milk into a seperate bowl.
- Coat the tofu in the milk and then batter the tofu steak in the dry herb mixture. Flipping the tofu steaks in the dry herb mixture to create a thick crust.
- Bake the steaks for 15 minutes and then flip for another 20 minutes.
The Sides – Classic Vegan Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Sides are one of my favorite parts of a vegan Thanksgiving, this is why I love to host. My guests have no idea that the creamy mashed potatoes are made completely from plants! No dairy required. And, I’m not joking when I say I pour this gravy on EVERYTHING!
Easy Vegan Gravy
- 1 cup Vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp Dried thyme
- ¼ tsp Ground sage
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot powder
- Add broth, tamari, dried parsley, garlic powder, dried thyme and ground sage to a pot and bring to a boil, then simmer for two minutes.
- Mix your arrowroot powder with 3 tbsp cold water and pour the mixture into the gravy to thicken and whisk. Let simmer for additional 3 minutes and serve.
Vegan Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes Skin On
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Soy Milk Or other vegan milk
- Wash your potatoes but keep the skins on. Quarter your potatoes. Add both the potatoes and the vegetable broth to your instant pot.2. Close the lid and press manual. Set your timer to 8 minutes.3. When the 8 minutes is up, carefully release the pressure manually.4. Mash your potatoes and slowly add in your soy milk until a desired consistency is reached. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Vegan Thanksgiving Soup – Butternut Squash
This butternut squash soup can be prepared in under 30 minutes and is the perfect complementary dish to a hearty Thanksgiving meal.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 4 cups Butternut squash cubed, frozen
- ½ Yellow onion diced
- 3.5 cups Vegetable broth
- ¾ cup Red lentils
- 2 tsp Ground sage
- 3 Garlic gloves minced
- Add all ingredients to a pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Let the soup cool, then blend. Enjoy warm!
Dessert – Pumpkin Muffins / Pumpkin Spice Latte
Ending the evening with a delicious pumpkin muffin and a mug of warm pumpkin spice will be a Thanksgiving dream. Try out these Plant You fan favorites.
Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2/3 Cup Brewed Coffee
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Add all ingredients to a pot over medium heat. Whisk, and heat until warm.
- Pour in a mug and enjoy with coconut whipped cream on top if desired.
- 1 Banana mashed
- 2 cups Pumpkin puree
- 2 cups Oat flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground ginger
- 1 cup Organic chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, combine mashed banana, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup.
- In a small bowl, combine oat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned. Remove muffins from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Store muffins in an airtight container.
Have you joined the Plant Ahead Program?
During the holiday’s planning can become stressful and time-consuming. With our program you will receive weekly meal plans, all previous plans with e-books included. This holiday season you will be spending more time with the family and less time in the kitchen.
Join The Plant Ahead Meal Prep Program for ONLY $7.99, and you can cancel at anytime.