Easy Vegan Teriyaki Meal Prep
If you haven’t tried meal prepping yet, this is your sign to give it a go this week and try my easy vegan teriyaki meal prep recipe – it’s the perfect place to start!
I’ve been meal prepping for years now, and this easy vegan teriyaki sheet pan recipe is one of my go-to’s when I need something quick, easy, and delicious. It takes less than an hour to make, and you can easily make it your own!
You can use whatever veggies you have left in your fridge to avoid wasting food, or you can customize it by adding some spice or nutty flavor to the sauce.
Whether you are just beginning your meal prep journey or you’re a meal prep pro, this teriyaki sheet pan meal will have you feeling healthy and energized every day of the week!
Why You’ll Love This Meal Prep Recipe
- It’s simple: You don’t need to spend hours in your kitchen every Sunday to make meal prepping work! This recipe is super easy and takes less than 1 hour to make (most of that time it’s baking, so you can do other things!).
- It will make you feel good all week long: Having a super nutritious meal ready in my fridge always makes me feel prepared! Plus, this meal is packed with tons of veggies! You will be feeling on top of your game after every bite.
- It’s super customizable: You can use whatever veggies you want in this recipe because pretty much everything tastes good in this sauce.
- It’s kid-friendly: Whether they are helping you cook or just helping you eat- your kids will also love this super simple vegan teriyaki sheet pan meal.
Tips For Easy Vegan Teriyaki
- Make it spicy! Add in some red chili flakes or top with sriracha for an extra kick.
- Amp up the veggies! Add in the colours of the rainbow, you can never have too many vegetables in a recipe.
- Add a nutty flavor by mixing your soy sauce and maple syrup sauce with some peanut or almond butter.
What Meal Prep Containers Do I Use?
Because I’ve been meal prepping for a few years now, I am pretty picky when it comes to my meal prepping containers!
When choosing meal prep containers, we like to consider three essential criteria:
- Are they durable?
- Are they eco-friendly?
- Will they keep your food fresh?
How To Make This Easy Vegan Teriyaki Meal Prep Recipe
First, chop the tofu. Then, add the tofu to a bowl with the soy sauce and maple syrup.
Set it aside and let it soak.
Now, preheat your oven to 400F.
Chop up all your veggies, add them to a lined sheet pan, and coat with lemon juice, garlic seasoning, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper.
Make a little space for the tofu and add it to the sheet pan.
Place the pan in the oven for 35 minutes until the Brussel sprouts are fully cooked.
Serve over cooked rice, with additional teriyaki sauce or soy sauce as desired, as well as hemp hearts or sesame seeds to top.
Easy Vegan TeriyakiPin Recipe
- 2 cup Rice Cooked
- 1 block Extra firm tofu pressed
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2½ cups Brussels sprouts chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper, sliced sliced
- 1 head Broccoli chopped
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp Garlic seasoning
- 2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp Hemp hearts
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
- Chop tofu. Add it to a bowl with the soy sauce and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Add all chopped veggies to a lined sheet pan, and coat with the lemon juice, garlic seasoning, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Make space for the tofu and add it to the pan.
- Place in the oven for 35 minutes, until the Brussel sprouts are cooked through.
- Serve over cooked rice, with additional teriyaki sauce or soy sauce as desired, as well as hemp hearts or sesame seeds.
While eating plant-based might seem more expensive on your next grocery store trip, it saves you money in the long-run- and maintains your health!
The key to eating plant-based on a budget is knowing how to shop, knowing what to buy, and what to make. Once you have these three things down, eating plant-based becomes natural and a lot less expensive too.
Free Meal Planning Chart and How To Get Started
Ready to start meal prepping, but you aren’t sure how to begin meal PLANNING? Meal planning is the best way to save money on groceries and develop an effective meal strategy that you will use.