Red Curry Fried Rice (Vegan)
This Red Curry Fried Rice is your new favorite meal prep lunch or dinner for the workweek.
Not only is it mind-blowingly delicious, it’s also dairy free, gluten free and whole-food, plant-based (wfpb) compliant.
We’d argue that this Red Curry Fried Rice tastes just like takeout, but you can enjoy it knowing it’s so much healthier.
This recipe is super easy to make, coming together in less than half an hour from start to finish.
What You Need For Red Curry Fried Rice
The first ingredient you need to make this yummy red curry fried rice is, you guessed it, RICE!
However, we used a very special ‘new’ kind of rice for this recipe that I know you guys are going to go crazy over. Our friends over at RightRice sent us their range of delicious veggie packed rice packages for us to try.
Their protein packed rice is made using a blend of lentils, chickpeas, green peas and rice. I was super skeptical to try it, and I don’t say this lightly… I honestly like this product better than regular rice.
Not only does it boast double the amount of protein and fiber to regular rice, it’s just plain delicious. For this recipe, we utilized the garlic herb package.
If you can get your hands on some RightRice, do it! If not, regular basmati or jasmine rice will also work for this recipe.
Other than rice, here are the other ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- Red Curry Paste
- Coconut Milk
- Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Green Peas
- Tofu (optional)
Like all our recipes at Plant You, this vegan dish is super customizable and you can feel free to swap out any of the vegetables for your favorites. This dish would even work great with a package of frozen veggies.
How To Make Red Curry Fried Rice
We suggest that you prepare your vegan Red Curry Fried Rice in three separate parts.
- First, you’ll want to add your rice, red curry paste and coconut milk to a deep set pan or pot and let that simmer.
- Next, you will want to scramble up a block of firm tofu in a pan and cook through with a touch of turmeric.
- Finally, you will sautee your vegetables separately, then add all ingredients to the pan with the red curry fried rice.
Once all the ingredients are added together you will be in heaven with the best vegan fried rice of your life!
Why Is Red Curry Fried Rice Good For Meal Prep?
To me, this vegan Red Curry Fried Rice is the ultimate meal prep recipe.
I remember back when I first started meal prepping, I would make the same sad salad for lunch everyday, and would never look forward to my noon break.
This Red Curry Fried Rice is basically the opposite of a sad salad. I can guarantee you’ll be pining for lunch if you pack this recipe for the week. Not only that, but there’s fundamentals of this fried rice recipe that make it perfect for having as leftovers.
- Rice is a really great meal prep dish because it reheats so well. It doesn’t get soggy and holds its shape
- Because this recipe utilizes bold flavors such as Thai red curry paste and coconut milk, these notes will intensify each day, giving you an even tastier dish when it comes time to eat
- Between the scrambled tofu and the RightRice used in this recipe, it is packed with over 25 grams of plant protein to keep you full for the afternoon
- This recipe is also super easy to make in a large batch and then separate into portions
If you like the sound of meal prepping nutrient dense plant-based meals, but need a little more guidance, we release a brand new whole-food, plant-based meal plan for members of Plant Ahead each week. Right now, you can get access to our entire database of past plans for just $7.99/month, with a new one debuting each Thursday. Sign up here.
Red Curry Fried Rice
- 1 package Garlic & Herb RightRice Or 1.5 cups jasmine or basmati rice
- 3/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 1/2 Red Onion Chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Basil
- 340 grams Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Add your RightRice, red curry paste, coconut milk and water to a deep set pan or pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer for 10-12 minutes until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Meanwhile, drain your package of tofu, place it on a plate and mash it with a fork. Add the tofu to a non-stick pan over medium heat along with your 1/4 a tsp of turmeric and some salt. Sautee for around five minutes until the tofu is cooked slightly and it is covered in the turmeric. Place the tofu onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan that the tofu was in, add your chopped bell pepper, red onion and peas. Over medium heat, sautee your vegetables until they are softened slightly, for approximately five minutes.
- Finally, add your tofu and sauteed vegetables to the pan with the red curry fried rice. Add you half a cup of fresh basil leaves and stir until everything is combined. Enjoy for dinner, or let cool and store in four separate meal prep containers in the fridge.