Hot Chocolate Granola
The most comforting granola yet, Vegan Hot Chocolate Granola!
The holidays might be over, but my sweet tooth is not! This vegan hot chocolate granola is packed with fiber and antioxidants. So easy to make, not to mention that it’s absolutely delicious too.
This vegan hot chocolate granola is vegan, oil-free, and gluten-free. Make sure to check your oats to specify they are gluten-free but you can totally make this recipe will regular rolled oats.
I love granola because it is super versatile. This vegan hot chocolate granola tastes amazing, just add on a topping of yogurt or have it plain with a splash of plant-based milk.
Plus, I must mention that this granola recipe is a wonderful DIY budget-friendly gift idea!
Why You’ll Love This Hot Chocolate Granola
- Eat it at any time of the day! It makes a great breakfast, snack, or dessert. Try it on plain vegan yogurt or eat it all on its own.
- Oats are one of the healthiest grains! They are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Plus, the fiber will keep you fuller for longer.
- Even your pickiest eaters will love it too. Who doesn’t love chocolate for breakfast?
- Cacao nibs are packed with antioxidants! And can help lower inflammation and they taste delicious.
How To Make This Granola Recipe
To start, preheat your oven to 400F.
In a large bowl, add the oats and cocoa powder and mix well, completely coating the oats. Then, add the maple syrup, vanilla, sea salt, and cacao nibs to the bowl and combine well. (Do not add the marshmallows yet!)
Pour the gooey mixture over a lined baking sheet and spread it out evenly. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until crispy.
Lastly, add your marshmallows as desired.
You can serve this over a vegan yogurt, toss it in oatmeal, or even add it to muffins for a nice crunch. It also makes a great DIY gift!
And of course, you can just eat it straight out of the oven. Again, It is delicious on its own or with a splash of plant-based milk.
Hack This Recipe
The beauty of granola is that you can customize it! If you want to amp up this recipe, here are some ideas to consider:
Amp up the protein: Add in crushed nuts (peanuts, cashews, almonds)!
Add extra fiber: Add chia, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or hemp seeds!
Throw in some dried fruit: Take your pick from apricots, raisins, banana chips, dates, berries, mangos and much more!
Boost nutrition with superfoods: Ground flaxseed, goji berries or puffed quinoa.
Other recipes you’ll love…
If you loved this vegan hot chocolate granola, you’d absolutely love these vegan hot chocolate cookies as well.
If you are on the holiday sweets kick, these vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies will blow your taste buds.
One way to eat this vegan granola is mixed in oatmeal. Here is my guide to making your own delicious stovetop oatmeal.
Vegan Hot Chocolate Granola RecipePin Recipe
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ⅓ cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp Cocoa nibs
- 1 cup Vegan Marshmellows Dandies brand - we used in this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add the oats and cocoa powder to a bowl and mix. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl apart from the marshmallows and stir.
- Pour the mixture over a lined baking sheet, and place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until crispy. Add marshmallows as desired.