Vegan Hot Chocolate Cookies
These Vegan Hot Chocolate Cookies are the perfect sweet treat to celebrate the holidays with. They’re also naturally gluten free, plant-based and insanely delicious!
There are few things that make me happier than a warm cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter’s day. Enter hot chocolate in cookie form and I’m sent straight to heaven.
These vegan hot chocolate cookies are chocolately, chewy and melt in your mouth delicious. They’re also really easy to make, and can be adapted for ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
What’s In Hot Chocolate Cookies?
To make these hot chocolate cookies, you need some simple baking ingredients and a little extra (like vegan marshmallows) to really drive home the hot chocolate flare.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Oat Flour (we love oat flour because you can make it at home by blending oats and it’s naturally gluten free)
- Cocoa Powder
- Coconut Sugar (you can use brown or white sugar as well)
- Baking Soda, Cornstarch, Baking Powder (these cookies are extra fluffy)
- Maple Syrup
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Mini Vegan Marshmallows (we used the Dandies brand – these are an optional add in, in case you can’t find them)
- Almond milk (again, just about any plant-based milk will work in this recipe)
Did I mention these vegan hot chocolate cookies are also easy?! From here, it’s as simple as combining the wet ingredients, then the dry ingredients, stirring everything together, and popping in the oven for about 12 minutes.
What Is The Best Cocoa Brand?
For this recipe, you can use just about any unsweetened cocoa. The key is to make sure you buy it unsweetened or these cookies would turn out way to sugary.
Cocoa is definitely one of those products where the taste and richness can improved based on quality.
I’m a sucker for Hershey’s 100% cocoa, which you can find at most grocery stores in the baking isle. You can also buy it in bulk online right here.
Other Christmasy Recipes
If you’re searching for other plant-based holiday or Christmas recipes, we’ve got lots for you to enjoy.
Checkout our favorites here:
- Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
- Vegan Eggnog
- Vegan Pecan Pie Smoothie
- Taylor Swift’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, Veganized
Vegan Hot Chocolate CookiesPin Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup vegan mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Combine wet ingredients apart from the marshmallows and chocolate chips in a bowl until smooth. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until a thick batter is formed. Sift in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Separate into approximately 8 to 10 cookies and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until cooked through. The cookies will be soft. Allow them to cool completely before eating!