Taylor Swift’s Chai Tea Eggnog Cookies, Veganized
Everyone is talking about Taylor Swift’s Chai Tea Eggnog Cookies this holiday season! Here’s a veganized version of her delicious recipe so we can all get in on the fun.
She’s a singer. She’s a songwriter. And apparently she bakes wildly delicious cookies!
Taylor Swift sent everyone into a frenzy when she shared an image of these delectable Chai Tea Eggnog Cookies on her Instagram story a few years back. Here’s an image capture of the story courtesy of Seventeen magazine.
What’s in Taylor’s Chai Tea Cookie Recipe?
The original recipe has a lot of butter, vegetable oil and sugar. Here’s the ingredients list if you want to make the non-vegan version of this recipe!
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract, or the seeds of 1 vanilla bean
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 chai tea packet
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon eggnog
To veganize this recipe, we’re going to make a chai tea cookie with almond flour, with the additional of a delicious almond butter eggnog icing! These cookies are truly to die for.
How To Make These Cookies
To make these vegan chai tea eggnog cookies, the ingredients list is a lot shorter than the original version because that’s how we roll.
You’ll need almond flour, coconut or brown sugar, some baking powder, a chai tea bag, almond milk and vanilla extract. For the icing, you simply need some almond butter, a little vegan eggnog (if you can find some) and a little more sugar for that extra sweetness.
To start, preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment.
You’re first going to combine your dry ingredients, including the almond flour, coconut sugar, chai tea bag, baking powder and a little bit of sea salt.
Then pour in the almond milk and the vanilla extract into the bowl, and mix until a batter is formed. You’re going to seperate this dough into approximately 15 small cookies about a tablespoon each.
Throw them in the oven, then make the icing by combining almond butter with a little vegan eggnog and sugar. Once the cookies have cooked and cooled, you can slather the icing on and enjoy!
Why You Will Love These Cookies
- They’re Vegan & Gluten Free: You can serve just about anyone with this simple cookie recipe
- They’re Easy: They only require a few whole-foods, plant-based ingredients to whip together
- They’re Festive: We love a good Christmas cookies, and what better kind than a chai tea eggnog cookie inspired by our favorite TSWIFT to ring in the holidays.
Other vegan christmas cookies you will LOVE:
The Recipe: Taylor Swift's Chai Tea Eggnog Cookies (Veganized)
- 2 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar, sub brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 chai tea bag, cut open
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened cashew milk, sub almond or soy
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp vegan eggnog
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, contents of a chai tea bag and salt to a bowl and mix well. Pour in the cashew milk and vanilla extract and mix until a batter is formed.
- Using your hands, roll the cookies into small dough balls that are approximately 2 tablespoons each. You should have enough dough for approximately 9 cookies. Once they are on the baking sheet, flatten them with your palm or a fork. Place in the oven for 22 minutes until cooked through. Meanwhile, prepare the icing by mixing the almond butter with vegan eggnog if desired.
- Once cookies have baked, allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before icing.