Herb Tofu Steaks
Our easy herb tofu steaks recipe is perfect for this time of year.
The comforting flavors of sage and rosemary make for a wonderful main dish. This center of the plate protein is complete with minimal ingredients, flavorful spices and will be ready in 40 minutes. We recommend trying this recipe out for Thanksgiving or any upcoming holiday. The texture will blow your taste buds away and works well with just about any festive side dishes.
Ingredients Needed For Herb Tofu Steaks
This recipe is simple and packed with harvest spices that reminds me of Thanksgiving dinner or a traditional holiday roast! These tofu steaks won’t disappoint and will be the next crowd-pleaser at your holiday event.
Here is what you will need…
- Firm Tofu: Tofu of the firm variety doesn’t crumble and is easy to work with in the kitchen. It can be baked, pan-fried, grilled or blended. It also works well as a filling or spread.
- Nutritional Yeast: This cheezy powder is full of nutrients!
- Rosemary: This lovely herb is delicious and has a lemon, pepper and pine taste. Tastes great in savoury dishes.
- Sage: This herb is bitter and has a similar flavor profile to rosemary but considerably more bold in taste.
- Cumin: Cumin adds sweetness to bitter flavors and is perfect for holiday cooking.
In addition, you will be using almond milk (oat milk works too), chickpea flour, sea salt and black pepper. This mixture is very simple and easy to do. (This recipe is gluten-free too!)
How to Make Herb Tofu Steaks
Making these steaks is very easy and you will have them in the oven in no time! Here is what you will need to do…
Coat tofu with almond or oat milk.
Combine the herb blend of nutritional yeast, rosemary, sage, cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir the herbs thoroughly and coat each piece with a thick crust.
It’s time to cook your herb tofu steaks in the oven! Each side will turn golden brown and crispy when finished.
There you have it! These tofu steaks will be on the dinner table and ready to serve in 40 minutes or less.
Herb Tofu Steaks
- 1 block Firm tofu
- 2 tbsp Almond milk or oat milk
- ¼ cup Chickpea flour
- ½ cup Nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Sea salt & pepper
- Preheat oven at 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press tofu and then cut the tofu into steak slices.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour the almond milk into a seperate bowl.
- Coat the tofu in the milk and then batter the tofu steak in the dry herb mixture. Flipping the tofu steaks in the dry herb mixture to create a thick crust.
- Bake the steaks for 15 minutes and then flip for another 20 minutes.
What To Enjoy With Tofu Steaks
If you want to enjoy these steaks for a holiday feast, here are a few sides that would work well with it:
- Garden Vegetables: Asparagus, Carrots, Brocolli or Green Beans
- Hidden Veggie Hashbrowns
- Lentil Stuffed Jacket Potatoes
- Christmas Tree Salad
Thanksgiving and Holiday Recipes
Are the holidays around the corner? Well, these tofu steaks are just the beginning! We’re in full supply of holiday recipes at Plant You for you to enjoy this season!
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Mushroom Wellington
- Vegan Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
Holiday Dessert Ideas
Now you’ve got the main dish covered and the sides but what about desserts? Here is a rundown of our favorite Plant You recipes for dessert.