Vegan Lemon Loaf
We’re giving Starbucks a run for its money with this healthy plant-based Vegan Lemon Loaf.
Starbucks Lemon Loaf was one of my favorite treats before I went vegan, so of course, I had to make a healthier plant-based version. I couldn’t resist.
This Vegan Lemon Loaf is delicious and so easy to make. The yogurt helps the loaf stay super dense and moist, while the lemon flavor keeps it light. I topped this loaf with a simple sugar glaze and berries which is perfect for a nice spring dessert.
You can also make this Vegan Lemon Loaf gluten-free with a simple switch of flours.
I can’t wait for you all to try this recipe out. Make sure to send me a picture of the final product on Instagram.
Why You’ll Love This Vegan Lemon Loaf
- It’s AMAZING. Bring this loaf to your next get-together. No one will notice it’s vegan.
- It’s easy to make. This recipe requires simple baking ingredients that you probably already have on hand and there are no complicated steps required.
- It’s a healthier swap for a crowd favorite. Starbucks lemon loaf is delicious, but not vegan. This lemon loaf is the perfect substitute to pair with your next latte.
Tips For This Recipe
- If you don’t have access to coconut yogurt, you can substitute it with olive oil!
- Make your own plant-based yogurt with my guide here!
How To Make This Recipe
First, preheat the oven to 400F.
While the oven is heating, combine the wet ingredients in a bowl.
Then, combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until a smooth batter is formed, and transfer to a loaf pan.
Bake the loaf for 40 minutes. Let cool completely.
Finally, add icing and berries on top as desired.
How to Top This Vegan Lemon Loaf
I used a simple icing sugar with plant milk for the icing and some more lemon zest on top. To make this icing, simply mix powdered sugar and plant milk until it reaches a smooth consistency.
You can make it as thick or runny as you want based on the ratio of sugar to milk. Then, add in some lemon zest and pour over the loaf.
I also added some berries to the top. You can add your favorite berries or serve with some delicious coconut whipped cream.
How to Make This Lemon Loaf Gluten-Free
You can easily make this Lemon Loaf gluten-free by substituting the regular all-purpose flour with a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour.
How to Store This Lemon Loaf
Store this lemon loaf in an airtight container for up to 5 days. I suggest reheating it a bit in the microwave before serving so it’s warm and soft.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Vegan French Toast
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Vegan Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Vegan Lemon LoafPin Recipe
- ½ cup Maple syrup
- ⅓ cup Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Coconut yogurt
- ¼ cup Plant milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1½ cups All purpose flour
- 1½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ⅓ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric
- ½ lemon Zest
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until a smooth batter is formed, and transfer to a loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Add icing and berries on top as desired.
- I used a simple icing sugar with plant milk for the icing and some more lemon zest on top!